Your tot’s skin is thinner and more sensitive than yours; therefore, chances of it getting dry, cracked, or chafed increase. Moisturize, moisturize, and moisturize because it’s the only magic that does wonders on dry skin.
Therefore, it’s imperative to choose a mild, nourishing cream that not only combats dryness but also soothes skin irritations.
However, with lots of false and misleading claims made by baby brands these days, choosing the right and safe product to meet your little one’s needs can be tricky.
Moreover, you need to be extra cautious while picking a product, if your baby is predisposed to eczema or dry skin.
To help you make an effective purchase, we have listed five best creams for babies with dry skin.
The best creams for baby dry skin
1. Aveeno baby eczema therapy – strengthens the skin’s moisture barrier.
2. Aquaphor Baby Healing Ointment – this magic ointment can heal diaper rashes, drool rash, minor scrapes.
3. CeraVe Baby Skincare – easily combats dryness, itching, and irritation.
4. Mustela Stelatopia – light and creamy texture.
5. Eucerin Baby Crème – clinically proven to relieve itching, dryness, and irritation.
Best cream for baby dry skin – top 5
This pediatrician-recommended formula is extremely nourishing and moisturizing. It’s a gentle and nonsteroidal cream that effectively treats eczema and dry skin. Enriched with soothing natural Colloidal Oatmeal and dimethicone, it strengthens the skin’s moisture barrier.
Quite hydrating, it can soothe dry, itchy, irritated skin effectively, and efficiently. This scentless cream spreads easily, absorbs quickly and doesn’t leave a greasy residue behind.
This colloidal-oatmeal-enriched cream is quite natural and can instantly relieve minor skin irritation and itching. Not only babies, but it is also super useful to treat inflamed, cracked skin in adults too.
- Clinically proven to reduce the itching and irritation caused by eczema.
- Fragrance-free and dye-free.
- Paraben-free and phthalate-free.
- Intensely moisturizing, it strengthens the skin’s moisture barrier.
It’s an effective daytime moisturizer for kids dealing with eczema, dry, and itchy skin. Available at a budget-friendly price, this one is worth the value.
Its unique formula with protective ingredients helps heal the baby’s delicate skin. From dry chafed skin to minor scrapes and scratches, to diaper rash and drool rash, this magic ointment can heal anything. It doesn’t contain any fragrances, dyes, and toxic preservatives.
It contains 41% Petrolatum to allow oxygen to flow and help improve the baby’s tender and delicate skin. Enriched with mineral oils and ingredients like Bisabolol, Glycerin, etc. it hydrates, rejuvenates, and moisturizes the skin, whilst highly effective in reducing skin itching and inflammation.
This multi-purpose cream provides a wide range of benefits not only for your baby but for the whole family as well! It has been clinically proven to restore smooth, healthy skin.
- Paraben, Dye, and Fragrance-Free.
- Highly recommended by dermatologists and pediatricians.
- Effectively locks moisture and avoids skin-drying effects during wind and cold weather.
- For baby’s dry, chapped skin, teething, and drool rash.
It may seem a bit expensive, but given its moisturizing, nourishing, and healing properties, it is completely worth the value. Undoubtedly, it is one of the best creams for dry skin.
CeraVe baby cream is enriched with ceramides (1, 3, 6-II) and Hyaluronic acid that locks in moisture and helps restore and maintain the skin’s natural barrier. This lightweight formula is non-greasy, spreads easily and won’t clog pores. It has 46.5% skin-protecting petrolatum to promote optimal skin barrier.
Developed by dermatologists and industry experts, this healing ointment will keep your tiny tot’s skin hydrated all day. It effectively soothes chafed skin caused by diaper rash. Loaded with some powerful natural ingredients, it can easily combat dryness, itching, and irritation.
- Ceramides help restore the skin’s barrier.
- Non-comedogenic, paraben-free, sulfate-free, phthalate-free, dye-free and gluten-free.
- Fragrance-free and lanolin-free.
- Accepted by the National Eczema Association, it is perfect for dry and eczema-prone skin.
- Appropriate for all skin types – including oily, acne-prone, dry, and sensitive.
If your baby’s skin is dry, chapped, or irritated, this healing ointment can be of great help. It’s expensive for the size, but a tiny amount goes a long way.
Specially designed for babies and children with dry and eczema-prone skin, Mustela’s Stelatopia Emollient Baby Cream is gentle enough for the most delicate newborn skin. Composed with plant-based biodegradable formula, it contains avocado Persea along with sunflower oil that moisturizes and strengthens the baby’s delicate and inflamed skin.
It has a very light and creamy texture that absorbs quickly into the skin. It is hypoallergenic, which minimizes the risk of any allergies or irritations. Extremely moisturizing, it leaves the baby’s skin supple, soft and silky.
- Recognized by the National Eczema Association.
- Hypoallergenic: specially formulated for babies with eczema-prone skin.
- Fragrance-free and Steroid-free.
- Instantly soothes sensations of irritation and tightness.
It is a multi-action daily baby moisturizing cream that works effectively to restore the baby’s eczema-prone skin. It may seem a bit pricey but works magic.
Clinically proven to relieve itching, irritation, and dryness due to eczema, this nourishing body cream delivers 24-hour hydration. This product has been formulated to protect, repair, and enhance the health of the skin.
Enriched with Licochalcone and natural oatmeal, it soothes and calms the dry, irritated skin. The ceramide- fortified formula strengthens the skin’s barrier and improves the skin’s condition.
It is gentle on the skin and is effective for everyday use. The cream doesn’t contain dyes or fragrance, therefore is appropriate for use on infants as young as 3 months. It is a fast-absorbing eczema cream that is easily spreadable.
- Clinically proven to relieve minor irritation and dryness due to eczema.
- Fragrance, dye, and steroid free.
- The fast-absorbing formula alleviates dry skin quickly.
- Seal of acceptance from the Eczema Society of Canada.
From performance to value, this Eczema Body Cream delivers on all fronts. It is one of the best baby eczema creams to help moisturize your little one’s dry, irritated skin.
The best cream for baby dry skin
The best cream for dry skin in babies would have to be the Mustela Stelatopia emollient cream.
Finding a baby cream that helps to keep your baby’s skin moisturized and help combat dryness is not as easy as it seems. Baby’s skin is delicate, and so should be his daily moisturizing cream.
Chemically infused products leach into the baby’s tender skin very quickly, doing more harm than good. Therefore, opt for natural baby skincare products as far as possible.
Know what you’re buying and what exactly it does. Be sure that everything you put on your baby’s skin is full of good and safe ingredients. The health of your baby’s skin depends upon your decisions, so be mindful!