Do babies need moisturization? Can you put lotion on a newborn? These are a few frequent questions about babies every new parent asks! Moisturizing is an indispensable part of any skincare routine.
The babies’ delicate skin may suffer from various skin problems like eczema, baby acne, itchiness, and dryness. Therefore, the tot’s skin requires constant moisturization to lock in moisture and retain hydration.
As the baby’s skin is thinner and more susceptible to irritation, so it’s imperative to use natural and good-quality organic products. Anything you put on your little one’s body leach into their tender skin relatively quickly. Therefore, you may have to be extra cautious while choosing skin soothing solutions for your baby.
With shelves flooded with baby lotions trying to woo the hearts and pocketbooks of parents, picking the right moisturizer for your baby’s skin is not an easy task. To help you choose the right one, we have listed five best moisturizers for baby. Take a look.
The best moisturizers for babies
1. Aveeno baby daily moisture lotion – perfect for everyday use.
2. CeraVe Baby moisturizing lotion – maintains the baby’s natural barrier.
3. Weleda Baby Body Lotion – made of pure organic and plant extracts.
4. Cetaphil Baby Daily Lotion with Organic Calendula – protects and softens baby’s delicate skin.
5 Best moisturizers for baby
Aveeno Baby Lotion is a gentle moisturizing lotion that is perfect for everyday use. It provides deep nourishment and keeps your little one’s skin soft, smooth, and healthy.
This hypoallergenic formula has been formulated with natural Colloidal Oatmeal to help prevent chafed, chapped, or cracked skin.
Enriched with various other rich emollients, this extremely nourishing lotion locks in moisture for a full 24 hours. It is non-greasy and automatically sinks in without feeling sticky.
The active ingredient, Dimethicone is a skin protectant active ingredient that prevents moisture loss and locks in hydration. Undoubtedly, it is one of the best body moisturizers for dry skin.
- Fragrance, paraben- and phthalate-free.
- With natural Colloidal Oatmeal to soothe skin irritations.
- Help prevent chafed, chapped or cracked skin.
- Pediatrician and Dermatologist Recommended.
- Non-comedogenic nature makes it perfect for babies with acne-prone skin.
Given the large bottle size, the portion-controlling pump, and the hydrating consistency, this one is definitely worth the price.
CeraVe Baby Moisturizing Lotion has been formulated to maintain the baby’s skin natural barrier and help the skin hold on to hydration. Formulated with three essential ceramides (1, 3, 6-II), and various essential vitamins, this gentle lotion provides long-lasting moisture.
This lotion is fragrance-free to help avoid any fragrance irritation. It’s super lightweight and sinks in quickly to provide deep moisturization.
Accepted by the National Eczema Association, it is one of the best moisturizers for those with eczema or sensitive skin conditions. The Niacinamide present in it calms the skin irritations, and the Dimethicone present gives the skin a silky feel.
- Protect skin and moisturizes for up to 24 hours.
- Fragrance-free and paraben-free to prevent irritation.
- Sulfate-free and phthalate-free.
- Perfect for eczema or sensitive skin conditions.
- Developed with dermatologists to protect and restore the baby’s delicate skin
Given the ingredients and quantity of product, the price is phenomenal, and this one is a must buy.
Made with a blend of pure organic and natural plant extracts, this nourishing lotion gives long-lasting protection and moisturization to your little one. Enriched with soothing extracts of gentle calendula and chamomile, it protects the skin from environmental drying effects, ultimately leaving the baby’s skin velvety-soft.
It has a very comforting and delicate scent of essential oils, which is quite pleasant. The texture of this lotion is milky, which makes it easily spreadable on the skin. It keeps your baby’s skin soft and hydrated for longer. It’s dermatologically proven to be skin-friendly even on the most sensitive skin.
- Free from synthetic preservatives, fragrances, colorants or raw materials derived from mineral oils.
- Dermatologically proved to be safe for newborns.
- Organic Calendula flower extract grown in Weleda’s Biodynamic gardens.
- Calming fragrance of pure essential oils.
- Its nourishing formula provides deep care for dry areas.
With its carefully selected formulation of beneficial ingredients and moisture-rich formula, it is one of the best moisturizers for dry skin. It is definitely worth the value.
4) Bare Organics Premium Moisturizing Lotion
Formulated with 100% organic oils and extracts, every single ingredient used is as non-hazardous and non-toxic as possible. Containing several luxurious oils and botanical extracts, it absorbs quickly for all-day moisture and doesn’t leave the skin feeling greasy.
The aloe leaf juice is excellent at protecting skin from dangerous free radicals. Shea butter present in it provides skin-conditioning and has moisturizing attributes.
Soothing oils such as coconut, olive, avocado, and grapeseed have anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties that work great for eczema, cradle cap or extra dry skin. It leaves the skin softer, smoother skin after just one use.
- No sulfates, phthalates, and parabéns.
- Organic, natural, and 95% of plant-based ingredients are great for babies and toddlers.
- No artificial fragrances or dyes.
- 100% gluten-free ingredients.
- Suitable for eczema, cradle cap or extra dry skin.
Containing the safest possible ingredients and skin-loving goodness, it is a long-lasting product that delivers the best results.
It is imperative to give your child a healthy start their skin deserves. Therefore, this gentle lotion has been formulated to protect and soften baby’s delicate skin. This hypoallergenic formula will gently moisturize and protect baby’s sensitive skin from dryness.
Made with a blend of soothing organic calendula extract as well as almonds and sunflower oils, it is hydrating enough to soothe and nourish baby’s delicate skin. It is gentle and safe enough for everyday application. Enriched with essential vitamins and fats, it will give your little bundle of joy a healthy and soft skin.
It has a very mild fragrance, as there are no essential oils present in it. The lotion is free of mineral oil, artificial colors, and harmful chemicals like parabens.
- Hypoallergenic and dermatologically tested.
- No parabens, colorants or mineral oil.
- Enriched with flower power; it has organic calendula extract to soothe the baby’s skin.
- Safe for everyday application.
If you are looking for something that will help protect and moisturize your baby’s skin, then it’s worth the try.
Our pick from the best baby moisturizers for baby
Our pick is the Cetaphil Baby Daily Lotion with Organic Calendula.
Baby lotions make baby’s skin feel well-nourished, smooth, and soft. With so many good moisturizers available for baby, you can easily pick the one based on your personal preference as well as the type of skin baby has.
Make sure to read the ingredients properly, before slathering any creams or lotions on your baby’s skin. As far as quality is concerned, don’t be hesitant to shed out a bit more because nothing is more important than your baby’s health and safety.