No matter how fragile or sensitive the baby’s skin, it needs effective cleaning. Eczema is a fairly common skin condition in babies and show up as red, crusty patches or dry, itchy, and inflamed skin.
Normal conventional baby soaps for eczema are infused with chemicals that have harmful toxins, which gets absorbed into the bloodstream and damage the baby’s sensitive skin.
Using gentle cleaning baby soap can be of great help as they give hydration and retain some moisture on the skin. So choose a moisturizing soap for baby with eczema as they will help soothe your baby’s skin. Good and quality skin products can help repair and maintain a healthy skin barrier.
With many baby care segment brands selling products that compromise on the baby’s skin, picking the soaps that are 100% natural and safe, is no less than a task. To make it easier for you, we have compiled five best soaps for babies with eczema that are mild and safe for your baby’s skin.
The best soaps for babies with eczema
1. Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Baby Eczema Bar Soap – soothes skin while deeply nourishing it.
2. Baby bee buttermilk soap – gently lathers to soften and smooth skin.
3. Makari Baby Soap – effectively washes away dirt and germs.
4. Memoir All Natural Baby Soap – handcrafted soap made in small batches.
Best soap for baby with eczema – top 5
It is a nutrient-rich bar soap that is designed with calming properties to soothe skin while deeply moisturizing it with natural oils and essential fatty acids. This bar soap contains 100% pure unrefined shea butter that helps keep moisture & healing properties intact. Naturally rich in antioxidants and Vitamin A, E, and F.
It is one of the bubbliest and sudsiest bar soaps; we came across. Enriched with all good and quality ingredients, this best soap for eczema will make your baby’s skin smooth, hydrated, healthy, and rash free!
- Raw shea butter and calendula provides deep nourishment and moisturizing
- Free from sulfates, parabens & other harmful chemicals
- Beneficial for sensitive skin, dry skin, eczema, and diaper rash
- Protects baby skin from any irritation or inflammation
- Pure vegetable, biodegradable
With this silky smoothness of this artisanal soap bar, get your baby squeaky clean with this soap bar. Infused with naturally moisturizing Buttermilk, it gently lathers to soften and smooth skin with no leftover soap residue.
While regular milk is a natural, smoothing skin cleanser, Buttermilk is richer in fats and emollients, thereby giving a silky, soft skin. It is gentle enough to cleanse your baby’s delicate and sensitive skin from head to toe.
The irresistible silky smoothness of this soap is spellbinding and something that all mamas approve of. It is a pediatrician- tested and hypoallergenic formulated soap. It comes without phthalates, parabens, petrolatum, or SLS(Sodium Laureth Sulphate). It has a very soft natural scent that leaves your baby smelling naturally clean with a light, fresh scent.
- Softens and smoothes skin with Buttermilk
- 100% natural ingredients like oat flour soothe the irritated eczema skin
- Formulated without phthalates, parabens, petrolatum, or SLS
- Pediatrician-tested and hypoallergenic
- A clean, fresh scent
Memoir Baby Soap Choco is handcrafted with some amazing natural ingredients. It is enriched with 11-Grain Powder that combines for a gentle scrub. Infused with New Zealand Manuka Honey, this soap effectively deals with inflamed skin and eczema.
This soap is probiotic, i.e., effective microorganism water has been used instead of a traditional method of using the lye and water mixture to make this all-natural soap. Ingredients like honey and cocoa powder soothe the eczema-prone skin.
The cocoa butter present in it deals with diaper rashes. It also contains coconut oil and Shea butter, which is a good source of vitamins A and E, thereby moisturizing and soothing your baby’s skin.
The handcrafted soap is made in small batches so that quality is not compromised. In terms of quality, it is one of the best body soaps for sensitive skin that you can buy for your baby’s soft and supple skin.
- New Zealand Manuka Honey reduces and heals congested or inflamed skin and eczema
- Probiotic, Artificial Fragrance-Free, Chemical-Free, Cruelty-Free, Palm Oil-Free
- All of the soap making equipment is thoroughly cleaned, disinfected, and sterilized
- It comes with a 30 Day 100% Money Back Guarantee
- It is registered with the FDA
4) Erbaviva Baby Soap
Erbaviva Baby Soap contains only the highest quality natural ingredients to nurture your baby’s tender skin. All their products are formulated with effective antioxidants and plant-based nutrients. Free of all chemical additives, dyes, and fragrances, this nourishing soap is good for sensitive and eczema-prone skin.
Handcrafted with pure milk, honey, and nutrient-rich oils, it is completely natural and exceptionally mild. This incredibly mild soap comes packaged in a really cute fabric bag. The packaging is so appealing to the eyes that you can even add this soap to the baby shower gift tray.
The perfect blend of olive and essential lavender oil creates a creamy, rich hydrating lather that is non-drying even to the most delicate skin. It is USDA certified organic, which is the highest standard of organic certification in the United States.
- Enriched with lavender oil, it provides a lovely nontoxic smell
- It has been certified organic, sulfate- and paraben-free
- Completely free from artificial fragrances, dyes, chemical additives and never tested on animals
- It is the softest soap to nourish and suits all skin types.
It is a luxurious bath bar that is formulated with a 100% vegetable base and enriched with shea butter for its nourishing, soothing, and moisturizing properties. It effectively washes away dirt, germs, and impurities while gently nurturing a delicate skin and maintaining skins’ natural oils.
Enriched with Shea butter, this lightweight soap is extremely moisturizing and deeply penetrates the skin to effectively treat dry, chapped and irritated areas. It also contains sweet almond oil and other gentle botanicals known to calm and heal inflammation or any rashes or eczema.
Made with plant-based vitamins and minerals extracted from the earth and sea, it is completely natural and chemical-free. It ensures long-lasting moisture and keeps your baby’s skin texture perfectly toned.
- 100% paraben-free
- A safe, gentle cleanser for sensitive baby skin
- Hydrates & Calms Dry, Chapped, Irritated Areas With Deep-Penetrating Shea Butter
- Non-Irritating Botanical Ingredients
- Healing properties targets inflammation, rash & redness.
The Best soap for baby with eczema
We’d go for the Baby Bee Buttermilk soap from Burt Bee’s!
Babies have delicate skin that’s prone to rashes, irritation, dryness, and eczema. Mild cleansing and moisturizing is key to treating baby eczema. Therefore, look for baby soaps and washes that are made especially for sensitive skin and eczema.
Hypoallergenic baby soaps are also effective in dealing with dry skin or eczema. Opt for more natural formula soaps available and avoid skin products with preservatives as they can be irritating for babies with eczema.